Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Where a Kid can be a Kid

Well, today is February 23rd. This is a special day because it is the day 4 years ago that Nathaniel officially joined our family. He is a very sweet little boy and very compliant (most of the time) There were many inquiries as to what he would want for his birthday and it was hard for me to come up with anything specific because he tends to be happy with whatever he is presented with.

For his party we had a long debate over where to go. Josh was pulling for bowling, but at only 35 pounds it's hard to imagine Nathaniel having much fun trying to throw a 6 pound ball down a lane and Joel and I knew that Chuck E. Cheese would be more his speed. Plus every time we talked about bowling he kept saying that Papa would just play for him and it would be so fun! Not sure Papa would agree.

We didn't book a party at the house of mouse and assumed it would be no big deal to show up and find a table (for 14 of us!) and boy was that wrong! This past Sunday was by far the busiest I've ever seen any Chuck E. Cheese in my entire life, but somehow my father-in-law used his magical social skills and got us a table (while others were waiting in line) in the party room.

So here are a few pictures of the 4 year old and his wonderful party.

Waiting for our pizza watching the animitronic CEC mouse.

Naomi posing for the camera.

Riding the roller coaster.

Joshua competing in the Kentucky Derby!
Naomi's turn, look at that intense concentration!

Sam enjoying his ride with Barney.

Josiah Happy to be with his family and eating pizza.Rebekah just got off the "big" slide.Bubba playing air hockey with mom.Cousin Nick enjoying himself as much as a 12-year-old can.

Dad, passing out the tokens.
A rare picture of Papa, almost smiling ;)
Gramma and Sam watching the gifts being opened.

Don't ask me why he wanted a sail boat cake, he wanted chocolate with strawberries and when he saw the sail boat in my cake book his mind was made up. So I obliged and made him his sail boat :) Happy Birthday Bubba, it's hard to believe your 4!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Sure looks like fun! I really was there right? Just kidding. Great pics!

The Asimus 5 said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm SO excited ya'll are coming out here, b/c they are growing up so fast!!!! Happy B.day Bubba!! I love you!!! And Alicia, I love the cake!! :) I just can't wait to see you all!! :)

Carrie said...

Alicia,

I have not read your blog in a while. There was a wide variety of posts here. I am glad that you are processing through your many thoughts, and most importantly that you have such a great support to help/encourage you along the journey.

I must say that you have a VERY wonderful and supportive hubbie. I FULLY agree with his comment (a few posts back). You are a beautiful, precious child of GOD. He created You just how He wanted you -- He does not make mistakes. So, why change what He gave you from birth.

When you get to see Him one day He is not going to ask how often you cleaned the dust bunnies out from under the beds of when the last time was that you did *such and such*. Be the best you can be and let others think (and say) what they want. It is not them, but Him, that you should strive to please.

Blessings, Carrie

dasunrisin said...

Cute cake!