Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's Raining Teeth!

Josiah has lost two more teeth. One more on the bottom and one on the top. He's been pretty excited and has been keeping the tooth fairy very busy this month.


A few more weeks have gone by since my last post, and they have been busy ones. My sister came into town for a long weekend (it happened to be very cold and rainy all weekend). The cousins had fun playing together while the grown ups spent the evenings watching Michael Phelps make Olympic history and playing Texas Hold Em. It was good to have them in town and we are looking forward to seeing them and Aunt Mary and Trevor at Christmastime.

Josiah and Joshua started "school" on Monday. They go one day a week and Monday was their orientation/get to know your teachers day. It went well and I think they will really like it. Josh has 11 other kids in his kindergarten class, which seems like a very manageable size. Josiah is taking 6 classes including a Spanish and Computer class which he is very excited about. There are several families from our church that are also participating in the program, so it is nice to have some familiar faces in their classes. As for school at home, although I have their textbooks, I haven't sat down to figure out a schedule for this school year and haven't been very motivated to do so yet with the pending addition to the family. I may get around to it this weekend, but no promises.

Monday was also my 30th birthday. I had the chance to go out with Joel on Saturday night and celebrate, which is always a fun treat. Then Monday night I went out to the Melting Pot with Jess, my sister-in-law, for ladies night. It was a lot of fun to get away as just the girls. It's hard to believe I've crossed over into another decade. It feels like I should be more of a grown up than I feel like to say that I'm in my 30's.

The baby is due in 2 1/2 weeks, and although I have good intentions of posting weekly, I fully expect the next post will be an introduction post, so stay tuned . . . .

No comments: