Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Fluttering

I've never quite agreed with explaining the baby's movements as "butterflies in your stomach". It's supposed to feel like fluttering. Because of this definition, I didn't believe I was "feeling" Josiah when I was pregnant with him until I was 24 weeks pregnant and he kicked me in the ribs.

I've always felt like the first baby movements were more like little bubbles popping in your tummy. Anyways, all of that to say for the last few days I've been feeling very slight movements. Just enough to remind me that, yes this is indeed happening. It's a little overwhelming, but also very comforting. It reminds me that at 16 weeks all is going the way it's supposed to.

My goal is to post at least once a week (probably on Wednesdays) but I realize it's been 3 weeks since I've written, and the truth is I don't have much to write about. The kids are doing well, enjoying the warmer weather and ability to play in the back yard. They are all getting big and it is hard for me to believe that in 2 months I'll have a 6 year old. Rebekah is loving crawling and has been much less fussy over the last week. She is keeping me on my toes as we have to watch that she isn't getting into anything she shouldn't.

My outlook on life has been more bright. I feel like a month ago I was in a very dark place where there seemed to be no hope. I can't put a finger on exactly what the change has been other than I feel like now there is a sense of hope. There is a light ahead and it feels like life is going to make a turn in the right direction. Nothing has actually changed yet, but emotionally I feel like all is going to be okay in time.

I promise to post pictures of the kids in my next post. I had hoped to take pictures on Easter, but by the time we were ready for Church we had to hurry and get in the car, then by the time Church was over we had to get to Joel's Grandparent's and by the time we eventually made it to Joel's Grandparent's house the kids did not look very picture worthy. They were still cute, but Naomi's cute hairdo had fallen out and Nathaniel had found some chocolate and it was all over him and his shirt. Such is life.

1 comment:

Derek and Rachel said...

Alicia - I'm so glad that you're coming into a season of renewed hope. I find myself in similar slumps where the light at the end of the tunnel is barely visible...it is nice to know I'm not the only one that goes through those! I love you lots and enjoy reading about how you guys do family. There is much to be learned from you guys. -Rachel